BTS breaks Kim Gunmo’s record of the most sold album in Korea
Article: BTS, a new Korean Guinness record… Surpasses 3.3M of Kim Gunmo’s 3rd album
Source: Hankyoreh via Naver
BTS’ ‘Map of the Soul: Persona’ sold 3,399,302 until May, which surpasses the record of 3.3M of Kim Gunmo’s ‘Wrongful Meeting’ in 1995.
1. [+422, -87] Reading this article, I find Kim Gunmo even more amazing. At that time, 70~80% of the Korean population was buying cassette tapes. If he managed to sell 3.3M for official albums, the actual number must be over 10M. He was really amazing…
2. [+199, -9] Amazing that they sold over 3M. In the 90’s, you could sell over a million easily if you had a hit song. But these days, a lot of households don’t even have CD players. The fandom power must be big.
3. [+136, -25] The comments… The streaming sites and Youtube are much bigger in the present day. There’s a limit to a single fan buying multiple copies, they don’t buy over a million. Most fans just buy one. Please just congratulate them.
4. [+85, -4] Group of records, BTS. Cultural leaders, BTS!
5. [+53, -3] Proud of BTS. Congratulations.
6. [+26, -3] These days, people only buy digitals, not physicals. Surpassing 3M is an amazing result.