Complex Korean age system
Age of Kim Eun Song who was born in January, 1991
Social age: 30
– She went to school with those born in 1990 because early birthdays (January~March) enter school a year earlier
Korean age: 29
– 1-year-old as soon as you’re born, you age every new year
Yearly age: 28
– Year she was born~current year
Legal (international) age: 27 (assuming that her birthday hasn’t passed yet this year)
– Born with the age of 0, you age on your birthday
Pann: Something that only exists in Korea in the world
1. [+126, -2] Let’s use the legal age. I want to be younger…
2. [+126, -2] I thought they were changing the age system this year? Why are they so quiet?
3. [+94, -3] Why is our country the only one doing this? I don’t get it.
4. [+62, -0] Our country is the only one where a baby born on December 31 will be two-years-old in just two days. So stupid.
5. [+35, -0] If we were to use the legal age, we have to get rid of the titles of hyung/noona/unnie/oppa, we have to call them by (name)-ssi only ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Imagine a legal 26-year-old and a 25-year-old agreeing on how to address each other, and then the 25-year-old’s birthday passes and they become the same age. Then what?
6. [+32, -0] Our country can never use the legal age because of the titles like unnie/oppa ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Even if they’re born in the same year, they’ll have to consider their birthdays ㅋㅋㅋ
7. [+29, -2] I didn’t realize how serious the age system was until I heard that Bentley was 3-years-old at 15 months.
8. [+22, -0] Can we please switch to the legal age?