Korea might consider to start school in September due to COVID19
Korea, Japan, and Australia are the only OECD countries that start a new school year in March. Korea’s system is from the Japanese imperialism.
Source: Kim Gi Sik, “If starting school keeps getting delayed, we should consider implementing new school year in September”
Source: KBS via Naver
1. [+275, -9] It’s time for our country’s education system to get away from the Japanese imperialism. I think starting school in September is a good idea.
2. [+105, -4] Sounds like a good idea. It’s not right to start school before the vaccine is there. I agree with starting school in September.
3. [+98, -0] Rather than deciding whether to begin school in May or not, they should make the decision as soon as possible so that parents, students, education board, and the government can have enough time to prepare for it.
4. [+59, -1] I agree with starting school in September.
5. [+43, -1] September sounds like a good idea! If opening school gets delayed once again, it might actually happen!
1. [+132, -1] I completely support the fall academic year idea. We can use this crisis as a chance to get rid of the Japanese imperialist trace. If they re-open school at an ambiguous time, it’ll just make things more messy. I think this is a much better idea. There’s a national petition, go sign.
2. [+107, -1] I don’t think this is a really good idea but it’s better than getting students sick with corona. Coronavirus can screw off.
3. [+86, -3] Instead of opening school early, getting students sick, and re-closing the school, this will be better.
4. [+50, -1] I’m so pissed off. Are the current grade 12 students “experiment rats”? We have arts & sciences combined, we have to follow the 2015 system, and the September system. What the f*ck is all this?
5. [+50, -0] I wonder how the school will be from now on. At this point, it’s just getting more interesting.