Article: “Korea ranks 17th among 163 countries in “Best Country to Live”
Source: Yonhap News
Top 5 SPI index rankings as audited by accounting firm Deloitte Anjin:
- Norway 🇳🇴 92.73 points
- Denmark 🇩🇰 92.11
- Finland 🇫🇮 91.89
- New Zealand 🇳🇿 91.64
- Sweden 🇸🇪 91.62
Japan 🇯🇵 (90.14), Korea 🇰🇷 (89.06), and China 🇨🇳 (66.12) ranked 13th, 17th and 100th, respectively.
The U.S 🇺🇸 ranked 28th with 85.71 points indicating a continued decline in the ranking.
SPI is calculated by combining scores from 3 categories as follows (excluding GDP): Basic human needs – (nutritive and medical support, hygiene, housing, personal safety, etc.), Foundation of well-being – (basic knowledge, information, communication accessibility, etc.) and Opportunity – (personal rights, access to higher education, etc.
- [+690, -75] Can’t imagine how it must be like living in the other 146 countries…. ㅡㅡ
- [+466, -139] Our country is best when it comes to the good stuff and hell when it comes to the bad stuff. People here are forced to live in cramped spaces and shunned during the winter and yet we still ranked in the top 10s as world’s best..
- [+61, -24] Everyone else that lives in another country can tell how great life in Korea is. The U.S is the richest country but only the chaebols live well, ordinary people have a hard life there. Even people from Europe are envious of our country…just look at the state of our healthcare.
- [+35, -24] I could care less about living in this country. If I had money I’d move elsewhere too.
- [+33, -7] Only those without money stay in Korea. All the chaebols are busy moving abroad.
- [+20, -17] You missed something really important here…you need to add “if you have money”
- [+12, -1] Say it correctly…it’s #1 place to live if you have lots of money