Article: [Exclusive] Yang Hyun-suk and Noh Hee-young’s ambitious Jeju Shinhwa World YG Republique finally decides to shut down
Source: Sports Chosun via Nate
YG Republique, located at Shinhwa World in Jeju will officially close its doors on December 31st.
The ambitious project by YG CEO Yang Hyun Suk and YG Foods president Noh Hee Young opened on February last year and was said to have the hand of midas. However, it appears that operating results did not meet expectations and the company finally made the decision to shut it down.
According to reports, foot traffic to the store was basically nonexistent since Seungri‘s Burning Sun scandal and Yang Hyun Suk’s multiple scandals from bribery, embezzlement, prostitution, tax evasion, and more.
YG Republique also housed a lot of G Dragon‘s artworks at the “Untitled” cafe in the building as well as the bowling alley “Act III” named and designed after G Dragon’s songs.
It is said that the relationship between Yang Hyun Suk and Noh Hee Young has soured due to YG Republique’s closing. In this regard, an official from YG Foods said, “It’s ridiculous to think that their relationship would sour because of that. It’s just a guess and plain wrong.”
- [+1,301, -25] Arrest Seungri and Yang Hyun Suk!!
- [+1,096, -10] Yang Hyun Suk, Noh Hee Young and many other companies are eating well with that tax evasion money
- [+840, -13] The Shinhwa World Hotel is great but there’s hardly anyone there nowadays. The theme park is empty too. It’s all Chinese money anyway so who cares if they shut down
- [+52, -5] I hope YG keeps going down like this until they hit rock bottom
- [+39, -3] Burning Sun butterfly effect boomerang ㄷㄷ
- [+37, -3] This is great news ~!!ㅋㅋ
- [+29, -4] Is Yang still the CEO of YG???
- [+25, -2] It couldn’t have happened to a better person ㅋ
- [+22, -3] I’m sick and tired of anything YG
- [+20, -3] Eh..I hate them both equally